Service Update 28th September 2020
Under step 2 of the Roadmap to Recovery face to face acupuncture services can now be provided in the following circumstances:
- to prevent a significant change/deterioration in functional independence which would result in an escalation of care needs (e.g. an increase in frequency of treatment needed, an increased need for prescription medication due to a significant increase in pain, requirement for specialist input or review, an increase in care needs, and/or a substantial increase to anticipated recovery time associated with a delay in receiving services)
- to provide assessment and diagnostic services to clients/patients whose care have been delayed as a result of Stage 4 restrictions, with any further delay likely to result in deterioration in functional independence or adverse health outcomes (including access to diagnostic imaging services or assessment for prescription of assistive equipment and technology)
- to provide services that are essential as part of a broader plan of care with a medical practitioner (e.g. fitting a brace post-surgery)
- to provide services that are part of a conservative management plan to avoid or delay elective surgery (as agreed with treating team)
- to provide services immediately following elective surgery that prevent secondary complications or aid functional recovery (as agreed with treating team).
If you have any questions regarding your eligibility for care please give us a call on 0411 474 565.
There are no restrictions placed on delivery of Telehealth service. We are able to offer all clients phone consultations with contactless pick up of herbs from the clinic as needed.
Stay safe and well.
FURTHER TO THIS PLEASE NOTE:
- If you have travelled overseas in the last 14 days please do not, under any circumstances, present to the practice. You will need to reschedule your appointment
- If you have been in significant contact with someone who has travelled overseas in the last 14 days and is in quarantine please reschedule your appointment
- If you are experiencing symptoms of runny nose, cough, fever, fatigue or flu-like symptoms please reschedule your appointment
- Please wash your hands on entry with soaps provided in the patient toilet
Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine in Moorabbin, Melbourne
Are you interested in natural support to enhance your female reproductive wellbeing?
Bamboo Spirit is a Traditional Chinese Medicine clinic located in Moorabbin, Melbourne and provides Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine services to the Bayside area.
With over 2500 years of written history, Traditional Chinese Medicine originally evolved as a complete, stand-alone system of health care. In modern times it can still be used as a stand-alone therapy or in conjunction with conventional, mainstream Western Medical care as an adjunctive treatment option.
In Australia, you get to choose.
At our clinic we see both men and women.
We believe we do our best work with those who have a long-term commitment to enhancing their general health and wellness.
We have a particular interest in working in the area of women’s health, and a fierce desire to help empower women to achieve optimal health and wellbeing using natural methods throughout their entire reproductive cycle, ranging from the first period to menopause.
We enjoy consulting with women who are planning to fall pregnant or may be experiencing difficulty falling pregnant. We also like to work with pregnant women and new mums and commonly work with women and their families between their pregnancies.
Get in touch
If you’re interested in learning how Traditional Chinese Medicine can assist you in your health journey please feel free to get in touch with us.
At our clinic we like to use layperson-friendly language to strip back many of the confusing philosophical concepts and common misconceptions associated with Chinese Medicine to explain how modern-day consumers might best access and use this ancient medicine as both a stand-alone treatment option and in conjunction with more conventional Western medicine modalities.
We hope our clients find our interpretation of the history, philosophy and practice of Traditional Chinese Medicine to be interesting, informative and therapeutic.